Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Presentation to Houston BMW Club

Jan Daub, the President of the BMW Club of Houston, has asked me to give a presentation on long distance riding to the club members during their monthly meeting.  The meeting starts at 7pm a the Spaghetti Western Italian Cafe.  The 20 minute presentation is designed to introduce the Iron Butt Association and Rally as well as outlining the three preps for long distance riding.  The presentation will be followed by a question and answer session.



I recently signed up for Spot Tracking service.   I will be testing the Spot OK and tracking function on the way to and from Houston to get familiar with how it will work.   I am required to have it for the Not Superman Rally that I'm doing week of the 23rd of July.  It's a 4.5 day endurance rally with mandatory speed and rest elements.  Should give me lots of "on the clock" practice for the 2013 Iron Butt Rally.  The Not Superman Rally will be my third competitive motorcycle rally, not that I'm competing with anyone but myself.

As you can see the Spot Tracking didn't work out so well.  I called Spot and they fixed the problem with the data base.  My next trip will include the tracking feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment