Ride 3,100 miles around the perimeter of the Great State of Texas. Then fun at the Iron Butt Association's annual Big As Texas "Ride-a-Palooza" & Party!
Hilton Garden Inn Denison is Start/Finish location for the RAT: Ride the RAT clockwise or anti-clockwise, stopping at 18 mandatory checkpoints, including start/finish point, in order within the allotted time period.
- RAT Insanity - less than 85 hours - 7 am Sep 28 to 8 pm Oct 1
- RAT Insanity GOLD - less than 70 hours - 7 am Sep 28 to 5 am Oct 1
- RAT Insanity Certificate
- RAT Insanity Swag - Pins, patches and stickers
- Instant IBA Records entry
- Big As Texas event participation and banquet
RAT21 Location Page: (See Rider List below for ID)
- Denison* START: 7:00 am 9/28, Hilton Garden Inn
- Texarkana (DBR)
- Port Arthur (DBR)
- Port Bolivar (Take a picture of your motorcycle on the Galveston - Port Bolivar ferry while underway)
- Galveston (DBR)
- Victoria (DBR)
- South Padre Island (DBR)
- Del Rio (DBR)
- Panther Junction, Big Bend NP (picture of your motorcycle in front of Visitor Center sign)
- Lajitas General Store (DBR or picture of your motorcycle in front of store sign acceptable)
- Presidio (DBR)
- Anthony (DBR)
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park (picture of your motorcycle in front of park entrance sign)
- Kermit (DBR)
- Texline (DBR)
- Follett (DBR)
- Childress (DBR)
- Denison* FINISH (DBR at QuickTrip next to Hilton Garden Inn - Denison)
- SpotWalla track is Required for the RAT.
DBR - Dated Business Receipt: A DBR is a machine generated receipt with the date, time and LOCATION on it. Check it - do not assume it is correct. A receipt with an incorrect time/date/location is worthless. Check and re-check.
Contact Tim Masterson, RAT Wrangler at RATInsanity@gmail.com